Fort Myers Beach Vacation Fun
Southwest Florida is an exciting vacation spot. Our Beach Delight is an excellent hub for all the items on your to-do list. Within walking distance, you can experience adventures, relaxation, exquisite restaurants, night life, and recreation. The best thing is that there’s no car needed. If you want to travel further, consider bicycling as part of your adventure. Or ride the very inexpensive Trolley. If you want calm and peace, hang out at our pool or stroll across our footpath onto the beach.
Some of our favorite events include Fireworks from the Pier on New Year’s Eve, the Shrimp Festival in March and Sunset Celebrations at Times Square every Friday and Saturday evening featuring free live musical entertainment. Find out what’s happening during your stay in the Island Sand Paper.
Check out these links to publications, businesses, government sites and other local info. You’ll find this information helpful when planning your visit and while staying in Fort Myers Beach, FL.
Fort Myers Beach News and Info
- Chamber of Commerce
- Town Government – Parks & Recreation, Trolleys, traffic cameras, event calendars.
- Fort Myers Beach Talk – News from Fort Myers Beach Bulletin and Fort Myers Beach Observer.
- Island Sand Paper – Local news
- Area Visitor FAQs – Places to eat, rental equipment, transportation, advice and more
- Beach Conditions – Choose to see Lee County beaches.
- Explore the Sea! – Boating, shelling, snorkeling, beaches, canoeing, kayaking, fishing
- Discover the Land! – Nature & Wildlife, Parks & Preserves, Biking & Hiking, Baseball & Spring Training, Golf & Sports
- Bay Oaks Recreation Center is just a 5 minute walk away. Swimming, pick-up games, exercise classes.
- Fort Myers Beach Public Library is just a 10 minute walk away. E-books available.
- Lovers Key State Park is just a trolley ride away.
Check out our blog posts to learn about events and activities we’ve enjoyed in the area.
- Regional Southwest International Airport (RSW) – Also known as Fort Myers Airport. About 30 minutes away.
- Punta Gorda Airport . About 1 hour away.
- Florida’s 511 Traveler Information System – Traffic, construction, airports
- Lee Tran – The Beach Trolley is an inexpensive way to get to Lovers Key. You’ll need exact change. The free open air tram travels between Bowditch Point Park to our north and on the other side of Times Square to Matanzas Pass Preserve to our south and on the far side of the Town Library. Click on the image below to get the app allowing you to find the nearest stop and get estimated arrival time.
Beach Delight Social Links
Ways to Reach Susan
802-395-1155 (8am-10pm ET)
Chat bubble will display if Susan is available on-line.